Tuesday, February 06, 2007

on redirecting stress

me: I'm scared something bad is gonna happen.

S.: why?

me: Well, right now everything's so good. Teaching's good, publishing's good, you're good. All is good. So I'm scared something bad's gonna happen.

S.: Well, you could look at it another way and just ride the wave. Or think, it's about time things are all falling into place for you.

me: yeah.....[pause] Now what am I gonna stress about?

Long pause. Very long pause. So long that I'm assuming he's forgotten the question.

S.: you could become a Cubs fan.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

What a *brilliant* idea! I mean, I don't like baseball, but choosing some sort of perpetually dismal team or cause might be just the thing. (It used to be the Seahawks, but now they're just mediocre with occasional flashes of excellence.) I know: dedicate yourself to the Kucinich campaign. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home