Thursday, January 25, 2007

hello crazy dreams

Dang, it was so damn real.

I was very hugely pregnant with what I knew to be a baby girl and I couldn't for the life of me remember the name I had picked out for her. I kept asking the nurses at the hospital if they had any baby name books so I could jog my memory, but nobody could find one. So I'm running through a list in my head...none of my favorites, but they would do. Kendra....Shauna...but I know the one I really really liked had an "m" in it.

Meanwhile, as I'm practicing my breathing, I realize that it's 6:15 and I was supposed to pick up one of our job candidates at 6:00! So I freak out, stop practicing my breathing, tell the nurses that I'm gonna have to put this birthing thing off a little bit while I figure out how to get in touch with the candidate at her hotel. It takes me a while, as dialing telephones in dreams always does, but when I finally get a hold of her, I tell her that the reason I'm not there is that I'm in labor. And I think she takes that to mean that I'm simply working, not actually giving birth. She doesn't get it. So she's upset. And I decide to wait on this birth business and get in the car to go get her.

And all the while I'm in amazement at my own excitement about having this itty bitty baby. I actually want it. I want to find a snugli for her so I can carry her around everywhere.

It's not exactly rocket science to go back and read this dream inserting "book" for "baby." Except the names, I don't think they'll work out so well. Gotta be more academic, I'm thinking.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So now all you need is a book title with an "m" in it. Tip: don't use a baby name book when devising your book title.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger aerobil said...

econoMics--that works

 

Post a Comment

<< Home