Monday, January 15, 2007

kiss me, darling

This year is the 100th anniversary of the Hershey kiss. Dee-licious.

The post office is issuing a stamp in its honor. Sealed with a kiss, as it were.

Right after we graduated college, Keita and I set off on a three-week cross-country drive and our first stop was Hershey, PA, where the lampposts are shaped like kisses, alternating between wrapped and unwrapped.

And then when I was in my mid-twenties, I taught at the Milton Hershey school in Hershey, PA. Interesting story behind that school, info. on which can be found here. The best part of that job was, of course, the loads of free chocolate. But then there was the smell of chocolate in the air each morning as I set off on my daily walk. Driving by the Reese's factory, however, was not such a pleasant olfactory experience.

Ah, the good ol' days....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home