Tuesday, September 25, 2007

what I bought at Target today

That's Tar-jay, thank you.

1. Halloween oreos with the orange creme in the middle. There's more creme than in regular oreos--almost like double stuff.

2. New pillowcases for the 14,000 pillows S. sleeps with. He's covered in them when he sleeps, and the pillowcases he has on there now are as thin as parchment. Pretty new wine colored ones. Much better. Now he can suffocate in style.

3. New eye shadow--a whole bunch. I realized today as I was doing my make-up that I'd had my eye shadow compacts for oh, I don't know, 14 years.

4. Fun Halloween flashing buttons to wear just because. One's Frankie and one's a jack-o-lantern. Both have blinking red eyes. I told S. he could choose which he wanted and he didn't care, so I chose Frankie.

5. Tootsie rolls. Because they were right next to the blinking Halloween buttons.

6. Stride brand fruit flavored gum. It's like Fruit Stripe for grown-ups.

See? I told you I had nothing to write about. *sigh*

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, Blogger bdegenaro said...

Interesting CE article...congrats! Provocative, and funny at times too. (also good to see blog discourse analyzed in a major journal)

I'd never considered the punish-the-plagiarist imperative and the liberatory/student-centered imperatives in conjunction with each other--but I want to chew it over more. I keep coming back to the word "reassuring" -- a lot of professional and disciplinary attempts to reassure ourselves.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger aerobil said...

Thanks, Bill, for reading it and for letting me know you've read it. Your point about "reassuring" is a good one: we are, after all, human, and we only want to continue believing that we do our best for our students. But then there's that whole protecting-our-identity problem...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home