Monday, November 19, 2007

the perfect November Sunday

Had a pancake breakfast with my honey, then it was off to the park with the girl. She did quite a bit of barking at the park, in large part because she really wanted Molly to chase her, but Molly was entirely focused on the ball. But when we went over to the non-fenced in disc-golf part of Maxwell park, Belly got her wish. Molly and Belly chased each other like they were puppies, hopping in and out of the creek, running through the brush, hiding from each other for a few seconds, and then beginning it all again. I can't remember the last time I was so happy watching my girl have so much damn fun.

Came home, did lots of reading (of the scholarly variety), then decided to quit that and finish reading Krakauer's Into the Wild. So I went from my office to the couch, coaxed Annabelle up on the couch with me, and there we stayed for most of the afternoon. She is rarely a snuggle bug like she was yesterday. S. was downstairs working out and watching football, but at one point I called him upstairs to take a picture because I had to capture her exhausted snuggling.

Took a walk with Neecy in the evening, came back and had a pizza and movie night with my honey. We watched Mr. Brooks. Entertaining. I screamed a couple times.

But here's the thing, people, about this perfect Sunday. While I did do some reading for my work, I did it happily and with no real stress about what I should have been doing instead. This is progress.

2 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Sunday of snuggling and reading is the best. I like how your drink is sitting on the table next to the Scrabble coaster.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Looks fabulous...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home