Saturday, October 27, 2007

morning peace

This morning S. and I made pancakes together for the first time. Usually we just have separate breakfasts, mine a bowl of cereal, his an English muffin. Boring. But today we got out the griddle and made two kinds of pancakes: blueberry for me, pecan for him. Yummers.

He was up before me and had turned on the TV. Apparently, The Scariest Places on Earth marathon was on. I turned it off while he was in the kitchen.

S.: What'd you do that for? It's The Scariest Places on Earth.

me: I just wanted some morning peace.

S.: You had peace all night.

(This post read and approved by S.)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 3:23 AM, Blogger Rebecca Moore Howard said...

I would like to say a word on your behalf: The Scariest Places on Earth marathon features the least scary coverage I've ever seen. It was on the TV off and on while I was in WV a couple of weeks ago, and I was stunned at how bad it was. Who writes that tripe, and where's their cookbook? The scripts, as far as I can tell, are from a small selection of boilerplates, and the boilerplates are themselves written to assure that absolutely no one can possibly be the slightest bit frightened by a single thing.

 
At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Senioritis:

I agree, SPOE probably got cancelled for a good reason. The ones where they had 5 family members go into haunted castles or whatever were pretty lame. But I like the ones where they go through haunted houses, etc., & explain the sightings & legends. The last episode of the marathon on Saturday they showed "Waverly Hills Sanitarium", which is near Louisville KY. It was "THE" place for people to go in the 1900's (I think the 40's & 50') with TB. People apparently came from all over the world. There weren't very effective treatments at that time, so 10's of thousands died there, & the energy or whatever hauntings are extremely high. It was pretty cool.

S.

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out tuberculosis on Wikipedia. You might be in for a really scary story, ongoing, not back in the ancient 1950s.

shoe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home