Monday, October 15, 2007

the devil

Jesus H. I've been eating a lot of sugar lately. It just sort of creeps in.

What I just threw away:

1. half a bag of M&Ms--I actually emptied the bag into the garbage so I wouldn't be tempted to dig for them later
2. half a box of Good and Plenty's that my honey bought for me last night
3. half a small bag of Twizzlers
4. half a box of Hot Tamales

All of this candy was "hidden" in various places in the house--in the kitchen, in my office, in my school bag. See, cuz if it's hidden and nobody knows I'm eating it, it doesn't count.

And on the chalkboard in the kitchen is a note to myself: NO MORE SUGAR!

Sugar, my friends, is the devil.

3 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay. So, what's going on?

I eat sugar when I am not dealing with the reality I'm faced with. It has a nice feeling akin to opium!

What's your excuse that you can't leave home without it?

shoe

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

More likely: time to get out the light box! My body, at least, has recently shifted into let's-get-ready-to-hibernate mode. So I hauled out the light box and minimized the available sugar.

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's an interesting point of view. I live in the Sunshine State, but I don't get out in it nearly enough, although I am trying to up my Vitamin D and melatonin by sitting in the sun for 10 minutes a day. I'd never heard of it decreasing the amount of sugar (or am I misreading you?)

shoe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home