Thursday, October 18, 2007

only two days left

Two days left of being 34. Once I hit 35, something happens. I become what is, in my mind, an official adult.

Not sure I'm ready for that.

I know I say this with every year that passes, but 35 just seems so old. I mean, really, it's the oldest I've ever been.

heh.

S.'s parents are staying with us for a week-long visit. All 3 dogs are a bit out of sorts because they're not allowed in our bedroom. S. and the parents are down in Springfield today visiting Lincoln-related tourism stuff. I gave them trouble about my having to work while they're off playing, but really it's good because I've never been very patient in museums. Surely a class thing.

Here's a funny for you on a windy windy Thursday afternoon:

When we were making the beds for S.'s parents (we sleep in two twin-size beds pushed together to make a king), I said something about the bedskirt on my bed having a tear in it.

Me: Does your bedskirt have a tear?

He: Mine's a kilt.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Just for that comment about how OLD 35 is, I shall mail your present late. Okay, okay, it was already late. But still. You've had an amazing year--which means 35 can only be even more incredible! Thirty-five is the new fabulous. Today is the first day...I'm outta cliches. Go eat some cake.

 
At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, kid! I hope you at least double the score. I did this year, and if it is any comfort I have as much energy and intellectual curiosity as I did when I was half my age, if not more--'cos now the deadline really is becoming more apparent. On the other hand, I say, shucks, I've still got another good 20 years ahead of me!

Take heart! Live well! Enjoy every minute (sixty seconds' worth of distance run stuff)! Learn everything you can about healthy living and you'll have nary an ache nor a pain t' trouble ye.

It's a helluva journey. Relish it!

shoe

Incidentally, I thought of you this morning as I was driving around town running errands. It was such a lovely month, and I remembered your saying it is your favorite month. You're right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home