Friday, February 01, 2008

snow day

Wake up this morning to about 7 or 8 inches of snow on the ground. Schools are closed, including ISU. S. calls his weather hotline only to find out that he's only got a delay until 11:00.

My reaction: I'm kinda bummed because I wanted to go in and write today. Yesterday I was on a bit of a roll. I know, you're thinking, why can't I write at home? All my stuff's at school. All I have here is my brain.

S.'s reaction: a bit of a tantrum.

Though the hotline tells him to call back at 9:00 for an update, he calls again at about 8:15, and when he learns he has the entire day off, he does the cabbage patch. And he's so pumped that he goes outside to finish snowblowing the driveway.

And the snowblower, folks, has a name. I had nothing to do with it. When he bought it a couple years ago, he decided she looked like a Beulah. And she kinda does.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home