Wednesday, April 30, 2008

forge on

Last night Ron Fortune, my esteemed colleague and collaborator, delivered the College of Arts and Sciences lecture. His talk was called "Scattered Impostures: Writing and the Work of Literary Forgery," and it was clear from the discussion afterward that he and I aren't the only ones fascinated by this form of writerly deception.

Ron's retiring at the end of the semester and that makes me sad. Happy for him, but sad for me and for the department. Ron is hands down the most generous, compassionate, and fairminded colleague I've had the pleasure of working with. Luckily, he's promised to continue working with me on forgery--and one way of looking at his retirement is to say he'll have more time for that.

1 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

So, what is it exactly you're looking into forging? Because if you'd like to forget something with my name on it, go right ahead.

Remember that I tend to use lots of rhetorical questions and conversational turns of phrase in my writing. Just so's you can make it look plausible.

Oh, and don't use anything by Bordieu. Because I haven't read any of him. That would be a dead giveaway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home