Monday, April 07, 2008

back from C's

And I think I'll be taking a hiatus next year. I've been going back and forth about this for days. On the one hand, it's always so refreshing to see my friends and to catch up after the year since we've last seen each other. On the other, though, it's exhausting. And going to San Francisco is essentially an entire travel day there, and an entire travel day back. Plus, if I'm not there they can't schedule me for Saturday. There is that.

I think our panel went pretty well and I think it wasn't all that obvious that this was my very first time speaking into a microphone. They put us in the Napoleon Ballroom, which makes me think they expected a far greater attendance than we actually got. But what can we expect on Saturday at 2:00?

I'm really not bitter about the Saturday time slots. Really. Not at all.

Grrrrrrrr.

It was absolutely wonderful to see and catch up with Becky, Jen, Jim, Paul, Tobi, Joddy, Seth, and Laurie. Good for the soul. Later I'll post a picture of the fantabulous gift Seth got me for no good reason except that it was apparently screaming my name.

Oh, and there's interest in my book manuscript. There is that.

Missed those girls and that boy very very much. Belly yelped and jumped off the bed when she heard the garage door open, and we've been doing lots of snuggling since. I promise her again and again that I'll always come back for her. My little Bugglesworth. Wigglesworth was happy to see me though I think that was the point at which she realized I'd been gone in the first place. Happy girl always. And the boy? Well, it was darn good to see him too. Though he did happen to mention that it was awfully quiet without me there. Not sure if that's a good thing...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home