Thursday, April 10, 2008

what it means to be a Cubs fan

I'm learning very quickly that it involves a lot of pain.

FIFTEEN. INNINGS. last night. I stayed up until after 10:00 (S. had already gone to bed at around 9:15ish) to watch as inning after inning passed with no change in the score. Then Ramirez hits a two-run homer, and I'm so happy I yelp, which wakes S. up. Sorry. Then of course the Pirates match that two-run homer with one of their own and I'm feeling dejected again. Then happy again with Pie's two RBIs.

Happy. Dejected. Ecstatic. Morose. Happy.

I stayed up through the whole game because I knew I could sleep in this morning. And I did. Until 9:00.

And tonight we shall do it all over again. That's what so great about this sport. It's on EVERY. DAY.

Me, to S. last night: Do you think that when Ryan Dempster was growing up all the kids called him Ryan Dumpster?

S.: Probably, but he's Canadian so he could take it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home