Tuesday, April 29, 2008

mutant cupcake

For his birthday last week, I made my honey only one cupcake.

But it was a HUGE cupcake. Love that new pan I bought. How delicious does that look? It tasted even better....

On Friday night we had some friends over to share the mutant cupcake with us. It was a great night: burgers on the grill (despite the thunderstorms), cupcake and ice cream, and the Cubbies on TV. Okay, so they lost to one of the worst teams in baseball, but I still love 'em.

It's hard to watch the Washington Nationals play and not think about S.'s dad. They were his team, way back before they were the Nationals. We're driving down to NC at the end of May for his service, and the family is saving a bit of his remains to sprinkle at RFK stadium in DC. I'm looking forward to the road trip, and part of the reason for that is that I associate NC with S.'s dad. It's hard to convince myself that he won't be there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home