Monday, August 18, 2008

and so it begins again

Classes begin today. For me, tomorrow. I worry that I'm not worried enough to begin the new semester.

Hillary visited last week for 5 days. Far too short a time, but we got a lot done, including a lot of good visiting. We put in a new kitchen sink, which took 5 times as long as it should have because we had to keep running out to Lowe's for stupid plumbing supplies. We painted the kitchen a creamy coffee-milkshake color. No more blue flowered wallpaper, thank god. And she put a bee in my bonnet, as they say, about painting the kitchen cabinets. This is something that would NEVER have occurred to me, but once we started looking at pictures online, I warmed to the idea. S. and I can't afford new kitchen cabinets, but we can afford a gallon of paint and some primer. So that'll be the next project on the list.

In other news, S. and I have officially set a date for the wedding: June 13, 2009. We'll be getting married in North Carolina and then having a reception here in Illinois, too. To celebrate our 2 years together, we bought wedding bands this weekend. We would've gone to dinner at the place we met, but we were too full from lunch. So instead we settled in for a night of Cubbies.

We're going up to see the Cubbies play on Friday, and we're a bit disappointed that Jason Marquis is pitching. Not very exciting. And he's matched up with a pitcher who's 0-12. Lordie pie. Get me a beer or two.

Going into the office this morning to get things in order and to get myself back into my writing routine. I've got an article to revise and resubmit and a damn book to finish drafting (one should help the other).

And that's the news from Bloomington this morning.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Yea for cabinets, rings, and dates. Oh, and beer. Definitely for beer. :D

 
At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on setting the big date! Crystal told me. :)

As for the cabinets, good idea. I painted mine slate blue, and I'm very happy with them. Much better than paying for new ones and better than the previous plain off-white. I even added wooden knobs and painted them too.

I hope you'll have time for a game of Scrabble in-between writing and all that work stuff! Take care! Sue

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were engaged! wow! What happy news!

 
At 2:03 AM, Blogger Rebecca Moore Howard said...

Such happy news! Congratulations to you both.

 
At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is just awesome, and sorry that I've been absent from the blogosphere for so long!

My only question: Are Belly and Wrigley on the guest list? Will they be making the trek to NC?

Either way, this is just so very cool!

Paul

 

Post a Comment

<< Home