Tuesday, July 22, 2008

no trip to Massachusetts

too many expensive and time-consuming things happening at once

1. Belly needs to have part of that damn dew claw removed, which means sedation or anesthesia, which means recovery time and probably antibiotics
2. my car needs front brake pads, which will be a couple hundred $$$
3. number 1 will also cost a few $$$
4. my damn finger makes things harder all around

I'm carrying a lot of guilt about this decision--letting people down, etc--but when I boil it all down, it's really not about the $$$ but about making sure my baby girl is safe and happy. I just can't leave her.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

you can't avoid me forever, you know...lol

 
At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really, really sorry that you can't make the trek. I'm sure your family and friends are upset, but they'll understand.

You should go when your finger heals. By then the brake pads will be better, too, which will make the trip much easier (unless you're flying, of course!)

Thanks for the update. Loved Becky's blog about the whole situation! :-)

Paul

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention we had to have the A/C fixed.

S.

 
At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When it rains . . . Good luck on the A/C. No more parts are being made to repair older units which are rated below 13 SEER. If no parts exist, you have to put in a new unit, which has a bigger footprint in the yard, needs a greater capacity plenum, and probably more ducts to carry the greater air capacity. I suggest you get a bunch of quotes. Right now a lot of companies are offering summer discounts.

So sorry about your finger, Amy. And poor Belly, too.

But, you can handle it! Hang in there.

shoe

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Rebecca Moore Howard said...

All your family and friends who adore their pets will understand. The rest are so misbegotten that one can only pity them. After Ruthie's surgery earlier this month we had to postpone a WV trip. And my brother and son said "of course!"

I'm looking on the bright, self-interested side here: When you do come to MA, I'll be ready for you!

xxoo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home