Monday, July 14, 2008

happy happy birthday to my girl

Happy happy birthday to Annabelle Blue Butler.

My baby girl is seven years old today. Last year at this time she was the youngest of three dogs, and this year she's the older of two. She's adjusting to this role. I didn't say she's adjusting nicely, just that she's adjusting.

This next photo was taken right before a walk. When I put my socks and sneakers on, Belly runs down to the door and sits like a good girl, waiting for me and/or S. to come on already and take her for a walk.

She makes me so happy every single day. For her birthday celebration, there will be pupcorn, ice cream, and swimming (not in that order).

I have to admit that this year's birthday number hurts a bit. She's no longer my spring chicken. She's seven. Isn't that officially a senior? My heart hurts just thinking about my life without this beautiful beast. So I won't. Instead, I'll love on her and take her swim-swim-swimmin'.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Blogger Marcea said...

Happy Birthday to Belly! Please tell her that her sitter, Marcea, missed her mucho!!!

Marcea

 
At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, Belly's Birthday! What a great reason to celebrate! Looking forward to spoiling her rotten, err, doggie sitting.:)

m.

 
At 5:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm beginning to think that being owned has its perks!

Happy Birthday, Ms. Annabelle!

shoe

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger Rebecca Moore Howard said...

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Belly, happy birthday to you!

 
At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought of Annabelle's birthday on cue, and am so happy for the pics. Happy belated bday, Belly. You're the best!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home