Wednesday, June 25, 2008

note to self on teaching summer classes

Amy tired.

Amy vewwwy vewwwy tired.

Don't get me wrong. I love the students in my class. We're having a lot of fun together, and they're helping me think in different ways about some things. And it's keeping my mind active, keeping me getting up in the mornings. And when the Cubbies are winning, I can celebrate with them. heh.

But here's the thing about this summer class: it's every. single. day. There's not enough time in between meetings to digest and synthesize information. I feel like I'm pelting them with new terms and concepts every day.

Plus I haven't had time to read David Sedaris's new book. Whine whine whine.

Garage sale this Saturday. Be there. Stuff galore.

1 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Just bought the new Sedaris on CD, because it's always better when *he* reads it! Except...I haven't had any significant driving time in my car...not that I'm complaining...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home