Wednesday, June 11, 2008

why I love the Cubs so much

One, it's fun to watch them win. I feel like I somehow had a part in their winning, what with all my cheering (and sometimes swearing) at the TV.

S. is a bit worried that my love for the Cubbies is getting out of hand. For instance, on Friday night they weren't on until 9:40, and I was moping around the house whining about not wanting to wait any longer. I wanted my Cubbies NOW!

See, many of you might not know this about me, but I'm an all-or-nothing kinda girl. And what the Cubbies allow me to do, number two, is focus completely on them and--drum roll, please--not think about work or what I should be doing.

Three, I have a crush on, in no particular order, Ryan Dempster, Aramis Ramirez, and Mark DeRosa. And now that Geovany Soto has shaved his face, I realize that he's quite a cutie, too. S. finally admitted last night that he has a man-crush on Ryan Theriot. Next time we go up to Wrigley, he's gonna get himself a Theriot shirt. I wear my DeRosa shirt with pride.

One thing I would like to do for the Cubs is send them a team razor. The FACIAL HAIR on some of these guys is enough to make me fall out of my couch. Kerry Wood, PLEASE do something about that wild buffalo growing on your chin, and Jesus H. Christ on a popsicle stick, is Scott Eyre planning to NAME the cat on his chin? And Reed Johnson, you highlight-reel-center-fielder, you, just go all the way and do one more swipe with the razor. Your team will thank you for it.

I've never experienced this kind of team love before. I kinda like it, peeps.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At one time I lived in the San Francisco Bay area where listening to the Giants v. Dodgers at work was mandatory. One of the secretaries was transcribing from a Dictaphone with headset in place but staring into space. She was awakened from her reverie by the question: "Is there something you don't understand in my notes?" It was all she could do not to respond: "They just walked Willie!"
Fond memories of baseball.

shoe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home