Friday, August 29, 2008

while listening to Obama

Me: You know, Obama makes me feel much less cynical about this country. I've been so cynical about this country for so long.

S.: You? No.

Me: I know, I know. But Obama gives me hope. He makes me feel like I could actually be proud of my country again.

Damn, that man can speak. Finally, someone who understands public address, understanding his audience, inspiring us by reminding us--not persuading us or convincing us, but reminding us--that this country really is better than the last 8 years.

One of my favorite lines: Change doesn't come from Washington; change comes to Washington.

Christ, yes.

And I loved the button on a person from Alabama that read "AlObama."

1 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I do so agree with you. But then the bubble burst with the Republican nomination for Veep!

I feel so sorry for that daughter who with her other siblings has to cart around a 4-month old whom the mother can't leave at home because she's breast-feeding him; classic case of abusing a child.

And, why, oh, why would one undergo amniocentesis endangering both the mother of four and the baby in utero when one had already decided aborting the fetus was unaccceptable? Boing, boing, boing!

But, let's hear it for the good ole PTA. Join, because you, too, could become president of the United States some day! As one commentator said, if you had a terminal illness right now, would you leave your children in someone's care whom you had only met 6 months ago on one occasion? And I just love the comment that he met her this February and his been following her career ever since (a whole six months?).

shoe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home