Sunday, February 20, 2005

He beat me to it!

I was going to write a book about bullshit, but this guy beat me to it. This is one book I gotta order. All teachers of writing gotta order it. Go go go. Then we can all swear with our students. Together now.

From a review on Amazon:

Frankfurt concludes that although bullshit can take many innocent forms, excessive indulgence in it can eventually undermine the practitioner's capacity to tell the truth in a way that lying does not. Liars at least acknowledge that it matters what is true. By virtue of this, Frankfurt writes, bullshit is a greater enemy of the truth than lies are.

3 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger senioritis said...

It's a beautiful thing. Thanks for sharing :)

 
At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This guy was on NPR last week--funny interview as they negotiated "bullshit" on air.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

I think there's still an article or book in there for you--now you've got a moral philosopher's perspective to weave in...(I know, you're on break--put it in the "tickler" file!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home