Wednesday, March 23, 2005

COPYRIGHT = 20 points

And that's 20 points with no special double or triple squares, which is unlikely, if not impossible.

Susan (aka Schmoozin) and I will no longer be able to compete with each other via escrabble. The owner, Jared, recieved a cease-and-desist letter from a firm representing Hasbro, and the site will be shut down in the next day or so. The rules, the board, the name, they're all copyrighted, and Jared apparently didn't get copyright clearance, though in his defense, he certainly wasn't profiting from the e-version of Scrabble.

In related news (not really), I brought my travel Scrabble with me to SF and nobody played with me. I feel dejected.

2 Comments:

At 4:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd have played Scrabble in SF (no matter that I'm really bad at it). How was I to know you were keeping a scrabble board? Next time you should set it out--place it just so people passing by will notice it. They won't be able to resist. -Derek

 
At 1:34 AM, Blogger Life said...

You can play online at the new site www.scrabulous.com ... this is by some other new people and not from escrabble but its great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home