Monday, March 21, 2005

miscellany and C's

I think I might love Lawrence Lessig. His talk was by far the best thing I saw at the conference. So happy he'll be at the Michigan one as well. I came home and immediately ordered two of his books.

The panel I was on with Michele Eodice and Lauren Fitzgerald went beautifully. We had a big room and it was nearly full. Julie tells me that, while I was reading, people around her were furiously taking notes. Happy. And I got lots of great ideas from listening to Michele and Lauren and I can't wait until I'm awake enough to process the crazy notes I took.

Sleep. Christ, I needed sleep. I slept most of yesterday and until 9:00 this morning and I still don't know if I'm the same person I was when I left for San Francisco. I was delirious with fatigue at times, which resulted in my feeling pretty weepy most of the time. I was not the regular fun Amy. I even skipped out on a trip to 826 Valencia to see the pirate storefront. Tobi tells me I would've loved it.

The other highlight of the trip was seeing Jack Brereton. That made me weepy and happy and weepy and happy all at the same time. So glad he's okay.

I won't say anything here about the worst panel I saw because, well, I don't want this to ever come back and haunt me. But you can ask me about it.

Belly's home, safe and sound. That's another story for another entry.

I feel old. All I wanted was my bed and my dog. Felt sorry for myself a lot, an effect of not getting enough sleep and of seeing really good friends. I didn't realize how much I'd missed them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home