Tuesday, April 26, 2005

provocations

Becky's provoking me again. I shall comply.

You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451. What book do you want to be?
Susan Griffin, A Chorus of Stones

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
In high school, I wrote on my brown paper-bag book covers "I love Holden Caulfield."

The last book you bought is?
Trauma and Recovery by Judith Herman, M.D. Reading up on PTSD.

What are you currently reading?
Trauma and Recovery
Process This by Nancy DeJoy
Fat Girl by Judith Moore
Punishment and Modern Society by David Garland

Five books you would take to a deserted island:
1. Susan Griffin, A Chorus of Stones
2. Anne Michaels, Fugitive Pieces
3. Jim Henson, The Works
4. John Irving, The World According to Garp
5. Mary Roach, Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers

Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?
1. Schmoozin b/c I can't wait to see what wacky titles she comes up with.
2. That's all the readers I got, people. Becky and Susan. And Heather, but she's not blogging that I know of.
3. It's yours for the taking, this meme.

2 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude -- I am a devoted reader :) [Oh -- and I am gonna be around for the Queen's grad weekend. I've got a special treat prepared for her].

I just have to share my book crush -- Howard Roark from Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead. I spent my whole junior year of HS madly in love with him. Of course, when I was a kid, I also thought that J.R. Ewing was the bees knees. Go figure.

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger senioritis said...

Amy, Amy, Amy. You're assuming that all your readers comment on your blog. Nyet. Tons of people read blogs without commenting. There are actually online services, some of them free, that will tell you how many people visit your site daily. I did that when I first set my blog up, but then the service died, and I haven't tracked down a new one. But they're out there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home