Sunday, May 08, 2005

cap'n crunch and other meaningless ephemera

I love that Cap'n Crunch has no t. I had said corn and oat cereal for dinner tonight because the damn meat hadn't thawed and I was too lazy to think about making anything else.

I broke the second coffee pot in two months today. Got a whole new system this time rather than just replacing the pot. Three dollars more.

Dreamt last night that I broke my right foot and was hobbling around trying to find my wallet. The bone was sticking out and my foot was all blue. Blue. Not red.

I'm having a crisis of adulthood. My first real job. I'm 32. I'm not a student anymore. Guess I could have predicted this, the crisis. What does an adult do, anyway?

I can't bear the thought of being away from Annabelle for 12 days. Who's it gonna hurt more, her or me?

Yesterday and today were 80-degree days.

While I'm home I'll be driving my brother's old minivan. There are no seats in the back and the passenger side door is strapped on. Sometimes the sensor dings because of it. Nice.

Yesterday Gary Olson pointed out that I still call Massachusetts "home." Indeed. How long does it take? Must be an adult thing.

There's so much I want to read and write and read and write that I feel immobilized. Paralyzed. So I watch more Law & Order.

Julia's working on getting a new puppy. Or a young doggie wog. Can't wait. Tucker's so depressed, and Julia can't stand to see him that way anymore.

Last night I served as judge for those who competed for Fernando the pelican pinata at the annual Fiesta party. I placed Fernando in a loving home.

1 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how you feel, I think.

I feel incredibly old (in a bad way -- tired, cranky, etc.), but I feel like I'm not living an "adult" life. Perhaps it's because I've refused to participate in mainstream female adulthood (i.e. the "mommy track"), so I don't have the typical markers to measure myself by. I mean, a person could be the biggest ninny in the world, but when she 1) gets married and 2) reproduces, suddenly some kind of automatic "adult" status is bestowed on said person. It's like, "welcome to the club."

Hell, I might never even buy a house ::gasp::. I keep waiting for the govt. to refuse folks like me the right to vote.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home