Thursday, May 05, 2005

painted toenails no more

I used to paint my toenails every summer for sandal weather. Bright red. I always though it looked cute.

I painted them last night, bright red, and could hardly bear to look at my own feet. Covered in slippers, even. This morning, first thing I did, before peeing, before brushing my teeth, was remove that bright red from my toenails.

Of course, part of the problem could be the fact that I have almost no pinkie toenail because I'm always peeling it off (Julie tells her students that the apostrophe is going the way of the pinkie toe: we're evolving without it). I've never had a pedicure, never had a manicure. Probably never will. I've always known that I look ridiculous with finger nail polish. Now I know it's also true of the toes.

2 Comments:

At 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have peasant hands. They look incredibly silly with nail polish on them (or even long nails). I was always envious of females with long, slender, fingers. Now I just think that those "I-wear-size-3-rings" kind of hands look weak.

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger aerobil said...

Weak indeed, my friend. Weak indeed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home