Tuesday, May 31, 2005

moving!

As my dedicated readers know, I love the house I'm renting. It's got everything a girl could need: a fenced-in yard, a garage, a washer-dryer, a fenced-in back porch, and it's in walking distance to school. The only problem, folks, is that I'm killing myself trying to pay for it. So, I've been looking--not for very long, but I've been looking. And my luck has worked for me again.

At the end of July, I'll be moving into a BIGGER house (not that I need it, but hey) with a BIGGER fenced-in yard and a CLOSER walk to school. It's also got a garage, but no washer dryer, but it's got hookups, and, well, the difference between one month's rent there and one month's rent here will get me my own used washer and dryer. I'm saving $175 a month! Christ, that'll be nice.

Other benefits:
1. I will no longer live next to seven children. I'm on a quiet street and the house is literally three houses away from Constitution Trail, the walking/biking trail that runs through Normal.
2. Annabelle will no longer be taunted by stray cats. Well, these stray cats, anyway.
3. A human-sized guest room for all those guests, ahem, that come to visit.
4. A dining room that will remain unfurnished for a while.
5. Basement for use during tornado warnings.
6. I'm still close to everything I'm close to now, including Julie's house and the dog park. I'm only moving a couple blocks away, which also means that moving will be a piece o' cake. No truck rental necessary. Lots of trips in the car, and a couple runs with a borrowed pickup.

I love it when it all works out like this. Woot! Woot!

2 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Blogger senioritis said...

This sounds extremely terrific! You just keep having good, good luck.

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the best!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home