Wednesday, May 25, 2005

hair

One of the big moves I made during my trip to Massachusetts was coloring my hair. Purple.

Okay, so it's "medium brown," and you're all going, what the hell's the difference? Well, people, as much as I don't like to admit it [ha], the white hairs on the top of my head were getting to me, not to mention the ones in the back of my head that I couldn't even see without multiple mirrors. I decided, after much deliberation, that highlights just aren't the way to go. Last year when I had them done, everyone told me how great my hair looked, etc., but when I look at pictures now (the two that I allowed to be taken of me), it seems the highlights just made me look older. So brown it is. I like it. It's a bit darker, but if you weren't looking for it, you'd probably not notice. Of course, if you were looking for my whites, as I do every morning out of sheer habit, you'd certainly notice.

In other hair news, on Saturday night Hillary and I went out to a bar to see an 80s hair band called Aquanett. Yes, that's two t's folks. It was high-larious. A bunch of thirty-somethings banging their heads to Bon Jovi and Aerosmith and Led Zeppelin (one p or two?). The people-watching itself made it worth it. True to high school form, Hillary ran into old boyfriends while I stood there like a stinkin' wallflower.

But at least I wasn't plucking any whites that night.

2 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was all jazzed there for a minute. Once I started thinking of you with purple hair, I had to "try out" other colors, too. Amy with pink hair. Amy with blue hair. Or, my fave, Amy with lime green hair.

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger senioritis said...

Ditto. I was downright disappointed (or relieved?) that you hadn't tinted your hair purple. But there's still hope! It sounds to me as if some geniune purple highlights in those dark brown locks would be a fine thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home