Friday, May 27, 2005

signs

I went over to Julia's yesterday for a visit and to introduce Callie (Julia's decided a C makes more sense than a K) and Annabelle, which went just fine. Belly's just a teensy bit jealous that Tucker and Callie play so well, but she established that she's the boss of this posse, and all will be well.

Julia's been having a lot of trouble lately with her piece-of-crap lawn mower that she bought at, of all places, Mice-Mart. Once it starts, it's fine, but it never starts. Julia's neighbor, Fred, has been giving her a hand with starting it. Yesterday Julia and Fred were standing by the fence talking and Fred made a comment about Julia's style of mowing.

Fred: You sure do make a lot of turns when you mow your lawn.
Julia: Whaddya mean, a lot of turns?
Fred: Well, you're supposed to do long stretches rather than a bunch of small squares.
Amy laughs out loud.
Julia, to me: What--did you grow up mowing the lawn or something?
Me: In fact, yes I did.
Julia: My ex-husband would never let me mow because I always wanted to do crop circles.

Crop circles! I love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home