Sunday, May 29, 2005

that queen'll get you every time

Yesterday after a very long walk with Julia, Tucker, and Callie, I noticed how very dry the skin on Belly's back was.

Me: Belly, you could be a star in a Head 'n Shoulders commercial.
Julia: Have you noticed that Belly stinks? I kissed her head and she stinks like a skunk.

Okay, so apparently Belly rolled in the remnants of something skunk-infested earlier that day at the doggie park. The stink, combined with her flaky skin, prompted me to do two things. First, following Julia's suggestion, I went to the store to get some whole milk for Belly to drink. This seems to work for doggies' dry skin. Then, I gave her a bath. And, for the first time ever, I conditioned her hair. I mixed some of my conditioner--Suave cucumber and melon--with some warm water in a jug, shook it up, and then combed it through Belly's hair after her bath. She smelled beauteous. And still does.

While I was bathing the girl, I could hear the phone ringing, but obviously had my hands full. It was Mary, so I called her back, and explained the whole conditioning of Belly's hair and how she now smells like cucumber melon.

Mary: Why didn't you use lemon juice?
Me: Why would I use lemon juice?
Mary: I don't know. Seems like women are always using lemon juice in their hair.
Me: Yeah, Queen, if they want their hair to be peroxide blonde.
Mary: Oh.
Me: This, this, is blogworthy. Belly as a peroxide blonde at Auntie Mary's suggestion.

1 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger senioritis said...

Je suis speechless at this whole entry. Blogworthy fer sher, and stupifying, as well. Maybe I wouldn't have been so blown away if you hadn't named the brand and aroma of the conditioner. But Belly, redolent of cucumber and melon? La mind, she ees boggled.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home