Monday, June 20, 2005

last day of spring

Julie lent me a copy of Richard Russo's Straight Man, and holy shit, if you've ever spent any time in an English Dept., you've got to read this book. It's laugh-out-loud high-larious. One of my favorites is the character who's referred to as Orshee because every time someone says "he," Orshee pipes in with, "or she."

Went to Lowe's yesterday with Julie to get specs on tile and paint and lighting for her bathroom makeover project. Oh how I wished Hillary was there to help us.

Speaking of summer and of Hillary, she's having an inground pool installed as we speak, and I'm not in Massachusetts to enjoy it. She told me this morning that she's already having visions of cracked heads. That's why there's no diving board.

Went back to Comlara Park this afternoon with Belly and, more evidence that she's a grown-up doggie: she swam for a lot longer this time, even out to the parts where she couldn't stand up. My little girl was just a head moseying along. I think next time I'm gonna bring a chair and a book and sit and read while she swims.

My new neighborhood has a neighbor's group and a neighborhood watch and even a block captain! Maybe if I stay there long enough, I'll earn the right to be block captain. Me and Belly patrolling the streets. ha!

My chalkboard is finished but I don't know how to frame it, so it sits unframed. Perhaps I'll put wire on the back of it and just let it go naked. Nekked.

2 Comments:

At 6:52 PM, Blogger senioritis said...

All crime in Normal IL will cease abruptly when Belly is on patrol.

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger aerobil said...

absolutely. perhaps she should receive some kind of salary--or at least some treats--for keeping our neighborhood so damn safe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home