Thursday, June 09, 2005

miscellany

The bad news is that there were almost no doggies at the Humane Society. The good news is that there were almost no doggies at the Humane Society. Two of the four who were there had been adopted, one was visiting with a propsective owner, and one was a Rottweiler, which Julie and I are both afraid of.

Had a fantastic meeting yesterday with my colleague Ron Fortune. We're collaborating on an article on Bourdieu, plagiarism, and forgery--and shit, is it gonna be good. I get so excited when we talk about these ideas together. The result is often me clapping my hands together or pounding the table or becoming just speechless, in awe of the possibilities. This is all good. Happy.

Last night I dreamt that I was in the audience of The Price is Right. At the commercial, they handed out big yellow price-tag-shaped nametags to everyone and pizzas to only some members of the audience. I didn't get a pizza. But Heather Rosso was there with me and she got to "come one down" to be the next contestant on The Price is Right.

My friend Christy has a kiln in her basement because she owns a small pottery-painting business. Last Friday some of us went over and painted stuff and it was so much fun! Tomorrow, painting again. Last week I painted a "wonky pitcher" and tomorrow I'll be working on finishing a small mixing bowl I started last week. Painting pottery is so relaxing--and in the end, you have something you can actually use, something that's functional. Eat your heart our, Bourdieu. I love only what can be put to use. Not much distance from necessity in my taste.

Julie has fixed up her front patio with new furniture, an outside rug, beautifully potted flowers, and wine spritzers every day at 5:00. I love Julie's new hangout.

Life is good, my friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home