Thursday, June 02, 2005

a different kind of luck

Okay, so that other house fell through. Ugh. Turns out the owner's going to hand it over to Redbird Property Managment, one of the many student-housing managment companies in town. And I do not want to rent from them.

So Bonnie, the broker, came to my house today to tell me she has another place for me--for $200 cheaper than what I'm paying now. It's in Bloomington, Becky, so there go all the beautiful puns on the name of my town. This also means I can't walk to work. Well, I could walk to work, but it'd take me a good 40 minutes.

All is not lost, however. Still got a good-sized fenced-in yard for the bugger. This place has a washer/dryer in the basement, has dark-colored carpeting for all the mud the beast tracks in, a small mudroom in the back, a nice front porch for people-watching, and gorgeous woodwork on the inside. From the outside, it's not that hot because the siding is ugly. Two bedrooms, a dining room, a good sized kitchen, cute living room, and lots of storage space in the basement.

I guess I'm kinda sad about not living in Normal anymore. I knew I didn't belong in a town with that name.

2 Comments:

At 4:28 AM, Blogger senioritis said...

::sigh::
All good things must come to an end. But I will continue to delight in the fact that for a while, you and I lived in towns with silly names like Normal and Earlville. Well, I'll continue to fly the flag; it would take an atom bomb to get me out of Earlville. At least I don't live on Clyde Street (which is named, BP insists, "after half the guys in town").

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger aerobil said...

If and when I buy a house here, it'll be in Normal, my dear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home