Friday, June 03, 2005

the life cycle of a colored hair

How long after coloring one's hair (well, my hair) do you think it would take me to get back into the habit of checking fo white hairs on top? I never stopped checking, of course (old habits do indeed die hard), but last night I saw evidence that they're coming back. Now, for anyone else to see this evidence, they'd need a magnifier and a lot of light, so that's not the issue. What matters is whether I see it.

It's been exactly two weeks since I colored it.

Ah, the beautiful paradox of a 32-year-old woman with a crisis of adulthood (will I ever feel like an adult?) and a tireless search for any evidence of age on her head. Never mind the couple of wrinkles I've been noticing lately. We just won't talk about those.

A couple more advantages I'm finding to the new house in Bloomington:
1. The city of Bloomington collects recyclables. In Normal, you have to take your recycling to a drop-off place.
2. I'll be much closer to nightlife, 'cuz we all know what a party animal I am.
3. 1.5 mile walk to Julia's house.
4. Walking distance to the farmer's market, and I can take Belly.
5. This house is much much cuter inside than the one I was planning to rent in Normal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home