Wednesday, June 29, 2005

this is what happens when you don't have caller ID

I had some really, really good news to share with Becky, aka, Treasured Life Director, this morning, so I called her at home. She answered the phone, didn't say hello at first, and I said "Do you want to touch me?" She hung up. Good lord. The dilemma: do I call back and acknowledge that it was me who just called or do I wait? Of course, I call back.

Becky: Hello?
Me: Becky, it's Amy. That was me just now. Why'd you hang up?
Becky: Well, when I have to say hello more than once and then I hear, "Do you want to touch me," I generally hang up.
Me: I meant it, like, I'm so genius you might want to touch me. You know, so it might rub off on you?

Note to self: Stop asking people if they want to touch you. It scares them.

P.S. Becky, I beat you.