Wednesday, August 10, 2005

'n stuff

For about twenty-four hours I've been half-planning a last-minute, last-hurrah trip to Massachusetts to sit by Hillary's new in-ground pool for a week, but now it looks like it's probably not going to happen because the guest room (aka Amy's room) will be occupied by stepchildren. UGH. How dare they!

Julia gave me a long Oriental rug meant for a hallway, which I put in my dining room. Belly absolutely loves it because it smells like Tucker. She spends all her spare time--when she's not working--on this rug. This morning there was trauma involved with the administration of her monthly heartworm prevention pill. I stuffed it in cheese. She ate the cheese and spit out the pill. I covered it in peanut butter and put it on top of a cookie. She ate all but the pill. I stuffed it in her mouth and held her mouth shut for a full minute, all I could take. She spit the pill out. Finally, I wrapped it in turkey and quickly followed that up with a cookie and I'm pretty sure the pill went to her tummy. Christ. Then I had to apply her flea and tick stuff, which thankfully doesn't involve eating anything. When it was all over, she went to her Tucker rug and lay down and let out a deep sigh. The girl with the very rough life. Don't you just want to cry for her, Argentina.

What else... I've taken the initial steps to adopting a penguin: Learning to walk like one.

TV shows I've taken a liking to lately: Medium, The Closer, Boston Legal. I can learn to like television beyond Law & Order: SVU, I can.

Tonight I'm making homemade whole wheat pizza dough. YUM.

2 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Maddie's vet gave her heartworm medicine that looks like little cubes of gaines burgers. Yummy, says Miss M.

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger aerobil said...

Trust me, I'll be getting that kind next year. UGH.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home