Sunday, September 18, 2005

arm. falling. off.

The other thing I'd let myself forget about teaching first-year writing is how much commenting on drafts is necessary. I've broken the 22 papers into three groups of seven: seven each for Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Reasonable, yes? Except there's nobody here to massage my right arm after all that writing so I have no choice but to blog and whine about it. Arm. Hurting.

When I was teaching at UMass Boston, I remember having this dream about going to the doctor about my arm. He sliced it open the long way (so technical, I am I am) and pointed out the muscle that was hurting me so much. He didn't actually do anything about that muscle, just pointed out where my pain was coming from. Uh, thanks.

Okay, back to reading.

3 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

But, 3x7=21. So, the odd student out doesn't get comments? ;)

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger aerobil said...

I did two in class while they were doing peer review, silly.

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger senioritis said...

I'm doing electronic response, so it's my fingers that are falling off. I've already had my carpel tunnel surgery :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home