Thursday, September 08, 2005

Daily Show and doggies

I watched the Daily Show last night and the night before, and both times I laughed out loud and nearly spit my wine on Belly's shiny fur coat. I mean, I know that a LOT of my students watch this show and many get the majority of their news from it, so maybe that's why I was hesitant to watch it. But shit, any one of his segments is ripe for rhetorical analysis--and FUNNEEEE. Last night I dreamt that I was asking my students to tell me the difference between Barry Glassner's Culture of Fear and the book Stewart featured on his show the other night, False Alarm by Marc Seigel. And they did tell me, but it was a dream, so I can't remember what they said.

Weather: HOT.

My sister Sue, who lives in Anchorage with her family, and whose daughter Crystal started school this semester at the University of Idaho (pea fields, she's surrounded by pea fields--I remember that from when I applied there for a job), adopted another puppy recently. Now they've got two. Sasha's a less-than-one-year-old husky (I think) and Bandit, the new arrival, is a lab/rott mix. Two new reasons to visit Alaska sometime soon. Sue, if you're reading this, you're in big trouble for not telling me about Bandit. One of us is turning into our mother a bit more rapidly than the other. Ahem.

Annabelle still wants a brother and I still want to name that brother Oliver (Belly and Ollie--how cute is that), but for now we're stuck with each other and with stories about the illusory Ollie. Probably better this way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home