Sunday, August 28, 2005

a new beginning?

Last night's dream: I'm in the hospital, very very pregnant with what I know to be a baby girl, and they've given me some kind of pain killer that makes me throw up endlessly. I'm delirious with nausea and I can't remember the name I had decided on for the baby, and all I could come up with was "Sedona." (I have been thinking about a new car, but a Kia minivan ain't it.) The nurses try to help me by getting me to walk around, but that only makes it worse, so they measure my belly (this part comes directly from "Taboo," the show on the National Geographic channel I watched last night, which dealt with rotting dead bodies and the people who measure the bloat...seemed like a take-off of Mary Roach's book Stiff, but anyway...) and tell me that the baby's big enough that it'll survive if they do a C-section.

Dreaming about giving birth--or being about to give birth but for the small problem of overwhelming nausea--has been said to symbolize a new beginning, a fresh start. I shall say no more for fear of jinxing myself.

Of course, this dream could also simply symbolize the bloat of my stomach after eating a bag of Doritos right before bed--the likes of which I haven't done in more than two months. It could not be avoided, people. It was PMS craving with a vengeance that wasn't going to go away if I didn't feed it with junk food. I do feel the guilt, I do. But alas, today's a new day. Simple as that.

1 Comments:

At 3:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my, my. And now I'm having your dreams: two nights ago I dreamed that all my fillings fell out—a variant on your teeth-falling-out dream? Or perhaps it was because I lost an inlay last week and was rewarded with a root canal + crown?
senioritis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home