Wednesday, August 31, 2005

drowning

There's something about this semester that's gonna age me, I think. I constantly feel like I'm drowning and it's all I can do to keep my head above water. Three classes, three preps, but I asked for it because I wanted to teach 101. I'm imagining things will calm down in a couple weeks because I deliberately front-loaded the grad course with Bourdieu--things get a bit tamer after him, I'm thinkin.

Then there's this other matter of which I shall not speak except to say that it's taking up literally hours. But fun. Fun, I tell you.

Weight is still being lost (like that passive voice?) and I'm feeling great about it. Pants I haven't been able to wear in FOREVER are fitting quite nicely. And no cravings. With the exception of that PMS outburst last week, I couldn't care less about food. It's fuel only. There for necessity. And even then sometimes I don't want it but I know I have to eat it. It becomes something of a chore.

Coffee, on the other hand, is in great abundance everywhere I turn. COFFEE. Nice.