Wednesday, November 02, 2005

flannel. rubber. what a difference

How's that for a blog post title?

First, flannel. If I happen to mention again that I get lots of sleep, it's because I made the switch this week to the flannel sheets and holy shit I CAN'T GET OUT OF BED IN THE MORNING--THEY'RE TOO DAMN COMFY. When I die (if it's winter), please be sure I'm lying in flannel sheets.

And the rubber. What a difference new tires make on a ten-year-old car! I bit the bullet and shelled out close to $300 for four new tires the other day. I was gonna be a cheapo and just get two to replace the utterly BALD ones on the back, but I was feeling flush, what with it being payday and all. It's almost like I'm driving a new car. The car doesn't shake, the brakes don't squeak, and I'm not afraid I'm going to end up in some ditch if it rains.

And the new coffee pot is working nicely. I may never wash the actual pot since each time I've broken one, it's from hitting it on the sink or on another dish in the drainer.

I have no clever way to end this post, so I shall simply end with a recap: flannel. rubber. coffee. good.

2 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Blogger Jack said...

after you mentioned flannel sheets i thought the next step was going to be rubber sheets...hmmm, good thing it was tires.

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

yeah, i had the same reaction...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home