Sunday, November 06, 2005

HOW, again, did I survive in Anchorage?

Did lots of reading today for my grad class and I decided that I'd set aside a couple hours tonight to go to Panera and work on revising an essay I began in last semester's grad course on authorship, this time with an eye for social class, violence, and abuse. At 6:00, I got all my stuff together and it was REALLY PAINFUL to contemplate the very idea of leaving the warm house with my warm doggie to go out into the cold, dark, cruel world. Last week I said it'd take me about a week to get used to it getting dark out at 5:00, but, I'm not there yet.

But I'm here. My hair is ridiculous--on top of my head in a scrunchie--but I'm here. It's warm and cozy here, the coffee is hot, and I'm not distracted by that warm doggie or season 2 of The L Word. The blog, though. Clearly, that's distracting me.

Back to violence, she said with a grin.

2 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, Blogger Jack said...

Season 2 of The L word is destroying all chances of productivity for me. You are not alone, the first step is admitting you have a problem.

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Michael Lasley said...

Do they still have the Cuban Pork Sandwiches at Panera? Them's yummy. They weren't serving them in Missouri this summer and I had a melt down right there in the store. Mikey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home