Monday, November 14, 2005

how Scrabble contributes to my ADD

I resisted for a long time, I really did. Hillary and Al have been addicted to online Scrabble at the Internet Scrabble Club for months now and I've been giving her shit--a lot of shit--about how much time she's been spending playing Scrabble with other people when she could hop on a flight and come here to play with me. To which she replies that I could just as easily sign up for online Scrabble and all would be well. Except we wouldn't be sharing a big bag of potato chips as we played.

So I signed up. Here's how I spent my Saturday afternoon: reading for my grad class while playing Scrabble online. I turned the computer speakers on, so I'd be in the middle of a sentence and I'd hear the whump that tells me it's my turn, and I'd turn my attention to the game.

You could look at this in one of two ways: I'm nurturing my ADD or I'm multitasking. Cuz last time I checked, Scrabble was an important task to accomplish...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home