Wednesday, November 23, 2005

top 10 things I'm thankful for

Okay, so maybe it's a bit cliched, but what the hell. It's good for the soul.

In no particular order:

1. My wonderful friends who keep me laughing and who laugh at all the funny things I say
2. My beautiful, healthy, obstinate, sweet, loving, snuggly, pain-in-the-ass girl
3. My health: I can see, hear, walk, run, write, read, and laugh
4. A job that has me teaching fantastic students who keep me thinking and laughing and who move me so much sometimes with their ideas and their innocence that I want to cry. My job that has introduced me to so many wonderful friends and colleagues. My job that allows me to sleep in most days and allows me enough space--usually--to do the work I want to do.
5. A Life Director who a) makes me laugh and b) believes in my work and in my potential
6. Enough awareness of self to figure out what I need and what I can live without
7. Cheese
8. Scrabble, both online and in person
9. Christy's basement pottery studio
10. Flannel sheets and fourteen thousand blankets on my bed

2 Comments:

At 6:14 PM, Blogger Jack said...

yay for #7. yay. happy thanksgiving.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Michael Lasley said...

Nothing wrong with cliches when they're about being thankful. Mikey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home