Wednesday, November 16, 2005

on being at school since 9 am

Mother of god it's windy and cold out today. Snowing, even. But I got up at 7:30 in order to be here at 9:00 for a meeting with Ron Fortune about our collaborative article on plagiary and forgerism. Since our meeting ended, I have accomplished a number of things: I've planned two of tomorrow's three classes, I've talked to the Julie Wonka and to Julia--separately--I've eaten lunch, I've braved the elements to run over to Subway to get an oatmeal raisin cookie, and I've still got two hours to go. I'm doing a quick read-through of first-year students' revised literacy autobiographies, and then I'm going to take the beast to the dog park at 3:30. At this rate, I shall collapse at 7:30.

Oh, and Nip/Tuck was an hour and twenty minutes last night. What I love about the show is the way they have a psychological "theme" for each episode. Last night's theme was an evaluation of the superficiality of transferring the surface features of one person onto another. Next week Christian and Kimber get married. My boyfriend! No longer single! Help?

2 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Blogger Jack said...

kimber? is that really a name?

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger aerobil said...

Yeah, I thought it was weird at first, too, but now I kinda like it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home