Monday, January 23, 2006

oh, the crap you'll collect

I am one person. I live in a five-room house with a garage and a fenced-in back yard. Two bedrooms: one is being used as, duh, a bedroom, the other as an office. There's the living room, the "dining" room, and the kitchen. Up until yesterday, the dining room housed the futon and a coffee table--it was an extra sitting room. Well, I decided I really want to get a table and chairs--nothing fancy, mind you--for the dining room so that I could have people over for dinner and do jigsaw puzzles and such (not at the same time, of course). So I moved the futon into the office. This took much finagling. Lord do I have a lot of shit in this office. The filing cabinets went into the closet which is itself getting a bit overstuffed. The piles and piles and piles of papers and books and CRAP got rearranged, but it's still feeling a bit cramped in here. But the good news is that when Uncle Paul comes to visit his girl in March, he'll have a room to sleep in. No sleeping in the dining room for my guests.

What did I do to make myself feel better about having so much crap? Got rid of a couple pairs of shoes that I know I'll never wear again. Nonsensical, I know. But it made me feel better to get rid of something.

1 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Crap. It's a good thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home