Thursday, January 26, 2006

when bullshit misfires

In my Rhetoric class, we've been talking about bullshit. In class on Tuesday, we made a list of rhetorical moves students make when bullshitting their way through papers. This list wouldn't surprise any of my readers. We also made a list of things students perceive as being bullshit coming from teachers. It's a good list. And I'm thinking a lot about bullshit lately. It would be quite fitting for my name to appear someday on an article about bullshit, no?

Anyway, being the ever-organized teacher that I am, I emailed the bullshit document to the listserv for the wrong class. I'm also teaching a class on Advanced Exposition: The Personal Essay. Just imagine their surprise when they got an email from me with the one-word subject line: bullshit.

1 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Blogger Michael Lasley said...

Did any of these personal narrative studetns reply to this email?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home