Wednesday, January 25, 2006

when there's too much in your head

Let me rephrase that: when there's too much in my head, I tend to just stop and stare blankly at the wall.

Feeling a little bit like I've forgotten how to write. The writing teacher in me is trying to tell the writer in me that beginning with the introduction is probably the hardest thing to do. So be a little bit easier on myself. And then there's the possibility that what I'm trying to do is a bit more complex than anything I've done before, so of course I'm going to struggle with it. And want to quit. And blog instead. And actually look forward to the deparment meeting at noon because it gets me away from my computer.

Hate hate hate this feeling. Big sigh.

1 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Remember the words of that great writing teacher, Dr. Howard: all drafts are bad, all drafts are good. So give yourself permission to write real bad. Real real bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home