Sunday, April 23, 2006

it sure is lonely out in right field

I'm just sayin.

At practice yesterday, I spent half my time at second base and half my time out in right field. While in right field, I found myself drifting off while standing up (kinda like a horse, as it were, except I wasn't grazing). I couldn't hear any of what the rest of the team was saying, and when the ball finally did come to me, I was a bit slow to move because, well, I was daydreaming.

Okay, so daydreaming isn't exactly the right word. I was out there feeling sorry for myself (if it had been a sport in high school or college, I woulda made MVP every season). I'm not at all proud of this behavior, and I wish I could make it stop, but here's what I was thinking: I'm the only person on this team who is alone. Everyone is either married or in a serious relationship and I am pathetically alone. I will be alone for the rest of my life and I will die and it will be a week before anyone notices. Or I'll develop a huge lump on my back and I'll die of it because there was nobody in the house to alert me to how big it's getting (why married people live longer).

Should I also mention that I'm PMSing and I always get weepy when I'm PMSing?

As I've said many a time, it just ain't pretty in this head o' mine.

1 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger susansinclair said...

I think there's something about outfield that promotes this sort of navel-gazing (as opposed to grazing). I spent many a PE period in elementary school in way way way outfield doing that.

As for singlehood, you're not setting a very good example for me with this whining, missy! (And have I mentioned lately what a wonderful, strong, fabulous fallible human being you are?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home