Monday, June 05, 2006

utter confusion

This morning, at my office at school, I worked for 3 hours on my article. One of the things I did was pull off a very very large scab, and by that I mean that I painfully cut about 5 pages of really good methdological critique from my draft because I had to admit to myself that it no longer really mattered to my argument.

Not that I could actually articulate my argument even if I tried.

Every day I get myself more confused.

And I try to tell myself that this confusion is a good thing because it means that what I'm writing is complicated and important. Doesn't it?

This is just painful at times.

whine whine whine

1 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

Okay, at first I was picturing you in your office, not working on the article, but picking at a scab. This is because that is what *I* would do. I would manage to avoid working at all cost, including inappropriate pickage.

So pat yourself on the back for working so hard, okay? Confusion is good--confusion means there is a puzzle to be worked through!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home