Monday, July 10, 2006

meta

couple things

1. I use this blog to write about daily happenings and to record funny little things that happen. Sometimes I write about bigger things, like depression or abuse, but for the most part, this blog functions as the place to record the daily. As such, it becomes really really hard for me to a) not blog when something potentially bad happens to my girl; and b) blog about something complicated and potentially bad that happens to my girl. So suffice it to say that we're keeping a close eye on the girl's feet.

2. Here's a potentially awkward situation: you're with a whole bunch of friends, only one or two of whom read your blog, so most of them don't know about some of the funnies you write on here. So when retelling the funnies for the benefit of all, you invariably end up repeating the exact language you used on the blog, and your one or two readers brush you off and say, "I know this one already. I read the blog." Well. Harumph.

2 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds awful--hope it didn't have anything to do with her new bed.

If its any consolation, I once had a Dalmatian who ran too hard and too far on very hot asphalt and burned his tootsies so they formed gigantic blisters (which he promptly chewed, of course). Being a "him" he had a wee problem, because he couldn't cock his leg without toppling over. He recovered nicely and lived to play uproar another day.

I'm sure she'll be okay. After all, she has you to keep an eye on her.

The "old" lady sans enfants
who doesn't live in a shoe

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger susansinclair said...

You can tell me all your stories as many times as you want, and I'll try not to say anything about hearing them again. And again. Because someday we'll be old ladies sitting at the bar at C's, and we won't remember any of our stories at all. So we'll have to make them up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home